The weather has finally turned and it’s time to get your tan on, soak up the rays, attend and host barbecues, and head out on the boat. It’s SUMMER.
My favorite season by far, it exudes warmth and fun, fun, FUN. It’s an understatement to say I am happy about the season finally being here. I feel like we suffered in the cold for way, way too long this winter (um, goodbye to a blizzard named Nemo).
Anyways, there are so many ways to celebrate summer’s arrival! Here are some of my favorites:
- Incorporate citrus! – Citrus is without a doubt the flavor of the season, so bring it into your life in one way or another. You can try baking a citrusy recipe (lemon bars, anyone?) or even just adding it to your cooking or drinks. I personally love lime.
- Switch your handbag (and all your accessories!) – Switch out your handbag to a more summer-friendly option. I know that in the winter I tend to stick to black, while in the summer I love using my bright pink JPK bag and fun green Longchamp.
- Change your scent – summer comes with a whole new pallette of scents – so take advantage of them! Switch your body wash, lotion, and perfume to something that you love and that reminds you of summer!
- Paint your nails – every occasion calls for a perfect nail color, so why not paint yours in a festive summer color? There are so many great ones out there that really make a statement!
- Stock up on beach reads – go to Barnes & Noble and stock up on some fabulous summer reading books! There are so many to choose from and this is one of my favorite things about the summer.
What are you doing to welcome summer?