Even when you’re living in a space as small as a dorm, it’s important to keep things clean and tidy. No one wants a filthy living area, ever! Yuck.
That’s why I have a weekly cleaning routine. I like to keep my room and bathroom neat, tidy, and as sparkling clean as possible. Here are the steps I take to do just that:
- Take everything off my desk, put my area rug in the hall.
- Use a Clorox wipe to wipe down my desk completely. Let it dry
- While desk is drying, use Swiffer dry sheet to get all loose hair off dorm room floor. Also do this in bathroom.
- Repeat the Swiffer process in room and bathroom with Swiffer wet pad.
- In bathroom, use Clorox wipes to wipe down shower, mirror, sink, counter, toilet seat, all light switches, door handles, and shower handles – basically anything multiple people touch!
- Wipe down all light switches and door handles in my room.
- Put area rug back on room floor and vacuum it thoroughly, getting all hair and random grossness off of it!
- Spray bathroom and bedroom with Febreeze spray! Mmmm…smells so good! I just spray this randomly around the rooms.
- Spray bathroom and bedroom with Lysol spray. For this, I spray both the air as well as door handles, light switches, etc.
- Ensure bedroom Wallflower has liquid in it to keep the room smelling de-lish!
And that’s it! Easy routine, right?! It doesn’t take much time and is totally worth it to keep my space clean!
What’s your cleaning routine?