Lately I’ve been totally into mystery, thriller, slightly freaky reads that keep me completely on edge. My book preferences obviously vary so much, as one minute I’m reading Pretty Little Liars and Mini Shopaholic and the next I’m reading a fictional story about a serial killer. I have always been like that, since I was a little (avid) reader. I would bounce around between the Ramona series to Goosebumps thrillers of the time. I guess some things will never change, and I personally think it’s really fun to expand your reading palette and interests.
Anyways, I wanted to share some of my favorite freaky-deaky reads with you in case you’re in the mood for a thrill:
- Promise Not to Tell by Jennifer McMahon – I read this book a while ago and will never forget it. It is totally freaky (even the cover is scary!) and revolves around a tragic murder and tons of old memories.
- Stay Close by Harlan Coben – I read this one over the weekend and it was really good. I don’t want to give too much away, but it definitely comes with many twists and turns and links characters in sneaky ways. There are so many details to this book that you may find it hard to keep them all straight at first, but keep with it! I promise it’s worth it.
- Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult – this is one of Picoult’s craziest books! It has to do with witches, teenage girls, and forbidden romance. This is a weird story but definitely a must read. I was pleasantly surprised with how into this book I got.
- The Stolarz Series – I have blogged about these books before, but they are too good for words. They will definitely keep you guessing and even scare you a little (in a good way!).
- I’ll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark – this is another I’ve blogged about but it is also super good and will keep you on edge the entire time. It’s one you’ll keep making predictions about and feel very involved with the characters once it’s over!
What are your favorite thriller reads? I’m getting really into the genre and need suggestions!