Even though I have always been known to be a person that is always smiling, I definitely have my off days where I’m in a bad mood, down in the dumps, or just feeling blah.
Everybody has those days, but the good news is is that there are definitely ways to get out of those funks! While many times it may seem easier to simply vegetate and baste in your sour mood, there is no sense in wasting even one moment of life to a bad mood.
Here are my favorite mood pick-me-ups for whenever I’m feeling down:
- Read a good book – reading is proven to relax your mind an being immersed in a good story can truly raise your spirits.
- Get a mani/pedi – going to salon is probably one of my favorite things to do. Not only does it relax me and make me happy, but I feel so pretty and clean after. It is definitely one of the best ways ever to get into a great mood.
- Blast your favorite tunes – I mean, who doesn’t love great music? For me, Kenny Chesney or the Spice Girls never cease to put a smile on my face. Listening to those songs while I’m in the shower, cleaning my room, getting ready to go out, or just hanging around are a great pick-me-up.
- Laugh. Really Hard – everyone always says laughter is the best medicine, and they are right! Laughing and giggling is probably the best way to break your funk and simply be happy.
- Baking something yummy – baking is one of my favorite ever activities and it always raises my spirits and soothes me in a way not many other things can. Baking something delicious for me or someone else puts me in a great mood almost every time I do it.
What are your favorite pick-me-ups when you’re feeling down?