After a snowy day here in Connecticut, it’s apparent winter is in full swing. I know that I personally hate being cold. There is probably nothing worse, and once I’m cold it takes forever to warm back up.
The best solution to that problem is to cut down on the chill from the start!
Here are some stylish and fun ways to stay warm this winter:
- Winter accessories: From the J.Crew Braided Headband to the Kate Spade Striped Mittens pictured below, there are endless options when it comes to keeping warm and looking completely fashionable while doing it! These accessories are one of the best parts of the season and the fact that they keep you warm is an awesome bonus.
- Comfy sweaters – these are great and also cute for this time of year. I love to find mine at Old Navy and Banana Republic.
- Soup – I have never been a soup lover but since it’s gotten cold out, I’ve been loving broccoli cheddar soup with some crackers – yum!
- Coffee or hot chocolate – nothing like some Starbucks or Dunkin’ Donuts to please your taste buds and stay toasty!
- Cuddly stuff – blankets, fleece pajamas, and stuffed animals are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the endless array of cuddly accessories you can use around the house to stay nice and warm.
- Hand warmers – especially when you’re going to be out in the cold for a while, like at a sports game, I highly recommend buying hand warmers to stuff in your pockets. Trust me, they work.
- Stay by the fire – what could be better than cuddling up with a good book by the fireplace on a cold day?! Um, nothing.
- Workout – working out will get your blood pumping and warm you up for sure, plus it has fantastic health benefits, including increased immunity.
- Warm showers and baths (I prefer baths) – turn your water up all the way and relax in a bubble bath! When you get out not only will you be nice and warm, but you’ll be super relaxed!
- Warm shoes – break out those warm shoes! Sport your Uggs, LL Bean Moccasins, or put your fleece inserts in your Hunters to venture out in the snow to keep your tootsies nice and cozy.
Take advantage of the season to stay cuddled up as much as you can! I know I will.