Let me tell you a little fact about me: my feet are usually embarrassingly dry. I think because I usually refuse to wear socks, especially during the winter they get ridiculously dry, cracked…and just disgusting (but thankfully not smelly).
I have tried so many different remedies to help this problem – tons of creams, scraping with a pumice stone, foot baths, and so on. Nothing seems to help to the degree I desperately need it to.
Thus, I decided to try a remedy I found on Pinterest (where else?!) that claimed to be fool proof. And guess what…it worked! I wouldn’t say my feet are baby soft now, but they are definitely a great deal better than they have been (which is saying a lot).
Here’s what you’ll need:
And here are the steps:
- Lather shaving cream on the dry parts of your feet.
- In a bucket, combine equal parts warm water and Listerine.
- Soak a hand towel in the solution and then ring it out.
- With the shaving cream on your feet, wrap the wet towel around the bottom of your feet and let it soak for 30 minutes (this is a great time to sit at your computer and get some work done!).
- After time’s up, use the towel to rub your feet firmly to get the shaving cream off as well as some dead skin (yuck!).
- Dry your feet well…don’t forget in between your toes.
- Apply a generous amount of lotion and put on some fuzzy socks!
I got this great remedy from Mommy Medicine and I’m so glad I tried it! As tempting as this might be to do several times, though, it should only be done once a week because it literally peels skin off your feet.
Thank goodness for Pinterest, right?!