The purses I carry, more often than not, carry a wide myriad of items…from completely necessary and useful to…well, not so much.
Useful or not, my purse contains a lot of stuff. But here are the absolute essentials.
- Chapstick – there is perhaps nothing worse than chap lips! Especially with the wintertime upon us, now more than ever it’s important to have a good chap stick handy. I like the C.O. Bigelow ones.
- Pill box – I always keep a little pill box with some Advil in it in my purse. Also, I love these in case I ever need to take my rings off, I know this little container will keep them safe and from getting lost. This Etsy site has lots of cute ones!
- Bandaids – I am always the person to have a band aid when someone needs it and doesn’t have one. Also, I’ve grabbed mine from my bag many times for blisters during a first day in new shoes.
- Tissues – you never know when you’re going to have to blow your nose or find somewhere to put your gum!
- Hand sanitizer – necessary, um….everywhere! Very, very, important must have…for an array of reasons – from the soap being out in a public restroom to just staying clean and germ-free! I love all the Bath & Body Works sanitizers.
- Pen – I keep a pen in my bag because you never know when you’re going to have to sign a receipt or jot down a phone number. Believe me, it comes in handy!
- Lysol To-Go – yes, I am a complete germophobe, but whatever. I use this especially at the library and other public places where I know there is the possibility of picking up a lot of germs. I realize not everyone wants to be spraying Lysol in front of the whole world because it’s a little…weird, but it’s something I do.
- Nail file – I hate having a jagged nail and not being able to do anything about it. When that happens, I end up picking that nail and then it looks all demented. Thus, I always have a nail file in my purse…and I use it more than you’d think.
- Wallet – well, duh! What is a purse without this? I have this exact Juicy Couture Bow Wallet, only in black.
- Mints – especially after that garlic bread you had with lunch, sometimes you just need to freshen up.
- Bobby pins – these little hair accessories are spewed all over my room, bathroom, bottoms of bags, cosmetic cases, wallet, and pencil cases. Never know when your hair will get unruly, especially when you have unmanageable curls like mine.
Now that you know about my must haves, what can’t you do without in your purse?