Recently I have really been slacking when it comes to working out. Especially with the holidays coming up, it is the perfect time to get in great shape.
Especially being a college student, my diet isn’t always as healthy as it should be. To add to that, I’ve never been the athletic type.
Once I get in the habit of working out, though, I almost always find that it’s fun. Also, it reduces stress and is obviously good for you in a variety of ways!
With that said, I need to get back into a routine, and luckily know some helpful hints to help me do just that.
If you’re stuck in a workout rut, use these ideas to make working out fun again!
- Make a great playlist – having an awesome line up of workout songs is the best way to make your workout fun and make it go by quickly. Either customize a playlist just for exercising or use one of the Pandora stations. My favorite is Spice Girls Pandora…nothing like some great throw-backs to motivate me!
- Motivate yourself – Pinterest is full of great workout tips and tricks, as well as many motivational quotes, stats, and pictures to get you back on your grind. Posting one of those on your wall, in your planner, or somewhere else you’ll see it every day is the perfect reminder to make time for the gym.
- Dress for it – having cute workout clothes will make you excited to exercise and get in a routine. I’ve seen adorable monogrammed norts that are bound to get you in your sneakers ASAP!
- Set goals – setting goals for yourself as far as gym time goes is probably the best catalyst to get you in a routine if you’re anything like me. Once I set a goal or put something on a to-do list, I’m pretty much determined to do it. You don’t need to set crazy goals but instead realistic ones, like “go to the gym for 30 minutes three times a week” rather than “lose 35 pounds by Christmas”.
- Workout in the morning – getting a workout done in the morning has a ton of benefits, physical and mental. Working out makes you feel good and puts you in a good mood. Additionally, it boosts your metabolism throughout the day and not to mention gets your workout done for the day so you don’t have to squeeze it in sometime later! Of course sometimes it is appealing to stay in bed, but getting up early to hit the elliptical will make your whole day better, believe me.
So stop procrastinating! Hit the gym so that you can eat as many Christmas cookies as you want this season and have no guilt!